Northwest Health Care Linen
Hand folding; operating automatic equipment for the purpose of folding textiles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all Northwest Health Care Linen programs as followed:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Exposure Control Plan
- Personal Protection Equipment (Universals Precautions)
- Safety Manual policies and procedures
- Quality Assurance program
- Time Management System and related programs
- Employee handbook policies
- Operating a variety of automatic equipment for the purpose of pressing and folding textiles
- Hand folding the necessary textiles that cant be automatically folded
- Clean up work your station following proper cleaning procedure at the completion of your workday, putting all miscellaneous linens to proper locations
- Performs other duties as required by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to help others accomplish their objectives
- Must be able to quickly understand new information and situations
- Displays determination to overcome unavoidable tension and pressure
- Tolerates and understands personnel problems while working with personnel from different backgrounds
Education & Experience
On the job training
Basic English is required
Basic mathematical skills needed.
Exercises sound judgment.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid noisy environment
- Stand on your feet all day
- Bending, twisting, repetitive motion
- Lifting 5-10 lbs of textiles
- Willingness to work around and handle soiled medical linen
- Willingness to help train and retrain people from different backgrounds